PASMA Middle East Conference success
PASMA’s second Middle East Conference, held at the Marriot Al Forsan Hotel in Abu Dhabi, welcomed 100+ delegates on March 14th for what was a hugely successful event.
Delegates heard from a range of expert speakers, from organisations such as Abu Dhabi Occupational Safety and Health Centre (OSHAD), Dubai Municipality, the International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM) and more.
Each session covered key themes relating to safety at height in general and the safe use of towers in particular – from fall prevention, to the legal fall-out and investigative process of an accident and choosing the right tower equipment.
PASMA’s Safety at Height Advisory Panel (SaHaP) Chairman, Mike Palmer, commented: “I’m delighted to see such a positive response to the event. Its influence in developing tower safety in the region will be felt for years to come.”
The event was preceded by special CPD sessions for PASMA instructors and an award-ceremony and networking dinner on Tuesday 13th.
The Association is pleased to announce the following winners from the night:
- Highest volume of delegates trained in 2017 – Rapid Access, collected by Mike Palmer
- Outstanding contribution and services to PASMA – Safelift, collected by Wayne Taylor
- Long-term service to PASMA –Simian Risk, collected by Ian Fyall
- Best newcomer 2017 – Enertech Qatar, collected by Sarah Nunn on behalf of Lineesh Nadukkudi
- PASMA Safety at Height Advisory Panel - H&S Professional 2017 in promotion of PASMA – IIRSM and Matt Cox
PASMA’s Madam Chairman, Gillian Rutter, said: “The PASMA community in the Middle East is going from strength to strength which these awards clearly demonstrate.”
“I’d like to thank all members in the region for their continued efforts in promoting PASMA, its training and the development of product standards.”